How to choose the perfect hat for you???
The hat is very popular accessory for summer and spring.
What kind of look will you want to achieve? If the hat is to work with a tailored suit or dress, it will need to be more formal and have a structured look. Perhaps a trilby – they always look great with tailored styles.
For summer, it could be in a lightweight material such as straw, rather than anything too heavy such as felt or velvet (which is perfect for winter, and teamed with heavier fabrics).
If the hat is complementing a floaty dress or a two-piece in a soft fabric, a larger hat with a soft brim would work perfectly. And remember, you should always take the outfit that you intend to wear with you when you select your hat – they’re not easy to exchange and a bad buy could be a costly mistake.
Read more about choosing the hat
Well, we all know that there are a few body shapes we all belong to. The list includes: hourglass, pear, apple and boyish shapes.
Of course any of these shapes, except hourglass one, have some ‘problem areas’ a woman might want to hide. Let’s speak about those and try to determine how to choose lingerie to make the most of any figure.
Hour Glass shape
As I have already mentioned you are lucky to have this figure type. Your curves and a small waistline look feminine and sexy in any lingerie. I would say there is nothing you can’t wear. But the best for you is a corset as it extra-emphasizes your sexy hips and a tiny waist. Solid colors and prints, embroidery and other details – all these will make you look gorgeous!
Thigh-length boots, known also as thigh-high boots or simply thigh boots, are boots that extend above the knees. Other synonyms include over-the-knee boots (OTK boots), and especially when cuffed, pirate boots. Lengths vary from reaching just over the knee to reaching almost to the crotch (referred to as crotch boots).
Like all boots, thigh boots are made of different materials ranging from various leathers, to various synthetic materials (vinyl, polyurethane, or latex), to various fabrics (silk, polyester microfiber). Many are constructed with zippers for ease of entry, but some are constructed as pull-on boots. Heel heights vary, but the majority are sold either as flats or with heels greater than three inches (7.5 cm). Heel styles vary from metal spikes to chunky. Like other boots, they can also have platform soles.
In all honesty, ankle boots are probably my least favorite style of women’s footwear.
It’s not that I dislike ankle boots for what they are, it’s more that I dislike how they’re worn — which is often in the most unflattering way possible.
I blame the media. Okay, that’s a cop out, and technically, I am part of the media, so I guess that statement needs a little clarification.
What I mean to say is that what we see on the runways and in fashion magazines does not always translate well for our own bodies and lives.
For example, ankle boots with cropped leggings or shorter tights is a definite “don’t” for women who have shapely calves. Even women who are on the thin side have to be careful as the combination seems to chop inches off your height while adding bulk to your legs.
If you want to be stylish, it is not mandatory to follow other’s trend. You can look attractive by making your own style statement. Your originality may even turn heads and set you apart from the crowd.
However, if you are not quiet sure about what to choose from, when it comes to your attire, accessories, hairstyle and footwear, you will perhaps need assistance. We are here to help you with some useful tips, which will surely help you learn how to be stylish and make your personal style statement.
Whether you’re shooting for your first job or your next promotion, appearances count now more than ever. You wanted to know the new rules, so we got execs to spell them out.
1. Wear clothes that impress.
“I like to say that every day is showtime,” says Los Angeles public relations guru Harris Shepard.
Bosses we spoke with around the country agree: The trend is to look “pulled together” (a phrase that came up again and again). Choose the more tailored option—the pants, not the capris; the shirtdress, not the sundress. A no-fail rule from designer Liz Lange:
“Dress like the women execs at your company.”
And if they wear hose, so should you
Sometimes knowing your right bra size isn’t enough to feel comfortable in your new and/or old bra. There are simple tips to follow to make sure the bra fits well and makes you feel good. After all, your bra is just a piece of lingerie that’s supposed to boost your confidence rather than cause trouble.
When wearing a bra make sure that:
1. The cups are filled out so they fit smoothly. If there are wrinkles, you may need a smaller cup size. In cotton/spandex underwire bras, there should be a little excess fabric in the cups in case of shrinkage. If there is overflow at the top, under the arms, you should try a larger cup size.
Read more …
1. Admit it – There you’ve done it! You took a long, hard look in the mirror and put yourself asleep. Stop snoozing behind the style wheel and do something about it. There is absolutely no reason to look boring, unless you intentionally want to be perceived that way. Here, is where we could use your social worker skills for some.
2. Believe that you can be beautiful – Looking great is not only the best revenge, it’s the best self-confidence booster! Way back when, I began writing my Focus on Style column because so many women who I came across sadly thought that they could never be as beautiful as the models I worked with as a fashion stylist. Beauty is subjective. Looking gorgeous is a state of mind, plus some effort to make the most of what you’ve got! Every woman deserves to be her own favorite supermodel of loveliness.
3. Find a fashion idol – Yes, most of us would like to find the fashion medium between Audrey Hepburn’s eternal chic and Kate Moss’s edgy simplicity. I included. But I also admit, that I have never nor ever will share their lean, perfect hanger figures. But I can adapt their style to my own curves, and add my own personal funk to embrace the look as my own. Famous or friend, find a fashion icon who inspires you and take note of how her personal style stands out and what you can do to make it yours!
All women want to look good but some don’t know how to achieve that. To prove I’m telling the truth, just look at lots of women walking along the streets of your city.
Many of them wear tasteless, almost the same style clothes. I am sure the color diversity and mismatch of styles can make designers feel depressed.
Read 10 rules of good taste
Posted in Fashion
Tagged Style tips
Every woman has one, and it is her best friend. It is the little black dress that is perfect for unexpected dinner parties, weddings, funerals and every social event under the sun. Though every woman has a little black dress, there are some ways to spice up the way you wear it to make it seem new.
Add a belt. Especially if you have a classic sheath dress. Using a bright colored belt, or a neutral tone, is a great way to wear the little black dress with style.
Accessorize with the little black dress. Using something simple like an eye-catching clutch, or bold necklace, is a great way to wear the little black dress and show off your personality at the same time.
Wear a jacket with your little black dress to the office. It is a great way to dress up at the office without being inappropriate. This also makes it easy to transition from day to night if you are going out after work. Just take off the jacket and let your black dress shine.
Put on a pair of sassy, colorful shoes. Nothing makes a great pair of shoes stand out like wearing them with all black. Try a stunning pair of pink taffeta heels or a pair of satin maroon slides with any black dress.